General Summary of Position:
The purpose of the role is to plan and implement sales and marketing activities in order to meet TNEC's targets for retention of students and profitability, and to contribute to the overall marketing and sales goals.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Plan and implement new and ongoing sales and help promote student retention by reviewing TNEC records of contract clients and student attendance (by firms, agencies, etc) at open enrollment training, sending out reinforcing forms of communication (i.e. TNEC newsletter, email blasts) and by identifying potential client populations and sectors through market-trend research, and ongoing networking with professional associations, TNEC partners and other relevant groups, including direct sales phone calls, face-to-face meetings, and industry association trade shows. Research opportunities for training with workforce development agencies, job training and similar programs. Research opportunities for and coordinate process of responding to requests for quotes.
2. Plan and implement marketing strategy, including advertising and public relations through the development, design and edit of TNEC written and electronic promotional material. These forms of communication include the TNEC newsletter, annual course schedule, marketing and outreach packets, web site, exhibition displays, advertisements for events and trade publications, internal communication at the University, and public media outreach and response. Also, utilize and manage emerging technology relative to website development/utilization and new forms of social media marketing.
3. Plan and manage sales and marketing work plan through the prioritization of opportunities and sectors, and determining how to do that within the project budget working with input from the UML Project Director, Center Administrative Director and Training Manager and the marketing sub-committee (COSHs). Regularly, as needed prepare materials for Advisory Board, Executive Board, Coordinating Committee’s Business and UMass Lowell TNEC Project staff meetings.
4. Coordinate all aspects of TNEC marketing sub-committee with TNEC project partners in New England (COSHs and UML TNEC staff) by initiating regular marketing subcommittee meetings, communicating regularly to follow-up on action items and assigned goals, providing consistent progress updates, and facilitating ongoing evaluation of overall efforts.
5. Enhance course offerings by remaining on top of industry and environmental trends and developments in order to identify additional topic areas and sectors for training. Work with other University departments and centers to find opportunities for collaboration and information-sharing that can mutually benefit each department or center’s goals and help build the university’s profile for success.
6. Expand TNEC’s and UMass Lowell’s public profile and work to attract additional students and community clients by researching, preparing for and attending relevant conferences throughout the New England states, involving project partners in the process, and conducting appropriate follow-up with new contacts and interested parties.
7. Maintain comprehensive files on companies trained along with contracts and other essential information, such as memorandums of understanding and history of all communications that reflect the history of outreach and training with these particular firms, agencies and other programs. Maintain regular contact as appropriate.
Promote the University’s commitment to customer service by:
- Build effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
- Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information.
Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
Other Job Duties:
1. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in fields related to marketing and sales and 3-5 years experience working in marketing and sales or related fields
- Ability to design annual work plans, routinely work with COSH groups and staff members to insure marketing and sales opportunities are operating smoothly, knowledge of worker health and safety training, network and outreach to companies/job training programs for potential training opportunities.
- Ability to be flexible with work load each day to adjust to changing circumstances and different opportunities as they arise
- Skill in website design and updates, writing, editing and oral communication
- Ability to work in coordination with UML public relations office on the design of marketing materials and relevant publications, and to identify and work with outside vendors on supplementary materials and promotional goods
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only current UML Employees within the Grants & Contracts (MTA/GRACE) bargaining unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled; however, the posting may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
This position is contingent upon funding.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.