Job no: 520674
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
Anticipate salary range of $75,000-$80,000 based on experience/grant
General Summary of Position:
Program Manager – Public Higher Ed Resources Tackling Broadband Digital Equity Gap provides overall management of a grant-funded multi-faceted digital literacy program serving three communities in Massachusetts – Lowell, Haverhill, Fitchburg. In general, this position will be responsible for managing all phases of the project to ensure on time, in budget delivery in alignment with strategies and initiatives. The Manager oversees student staff and works in a team with faculty and professional staff assigned to the project, as well as community partners and commercial subcontractors. This is a two-year grant funded full-time benefited position.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of program management experience involving large scale multi-faceted projects
- Minimum one year experience with management of grant or contract funded projects
- Experience with the writing, copy-editing, and production of written deliverables including reports
- Demonstrated presentation, communication, writing, planning, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Proven ability to interface and collaborate effectively with diverse teams and community-based organizations
- Proficiency with computer technology (Word, Excel, program management and statistical software) and with IT in general
- An appreciation for an urban, multicultural, comprehensive research university environment
- Experience working in or with non-profit agencies
- Experience engaging and working with college students of diverse backgrounds
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only current UML Employees within the Grants & Contracts (MTA/GRACE) bargaining unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
This is a Grants & Contracts (MTA/GRACE) bargaining unit position, Grade P18.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled; however, the posting may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
This position is contingent upon funding. The initial term of appointment is for two years, contingent on productivity, successful performance and the availability of funding.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend