Job no: 518767
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
MTU - Grade 15 - (monthly salary) Step 1, $3,974.42 – Step 14, $5,580.18
General Summary of Position:
Incumbents of positions in this series install lock devices in doors, desks, office equipment and other units; repair locking devices and replace worn parts; make alterations in mechanisms; change lock combinations: trouble shoot locks: and perform related work as required. The basic purpose of this work is to install, repair, replace locks and locking devices and make keys.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- HS Diploma or GED/equivalent
- Driver’s License Required
- Applicants must have at least five years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, experience in locksmithing work
- Knowledge of the methods and techniques used in the repair of locks or lock assembles
- Knowledge of the methods and techniques used in installing locks or lock assembles
- Knowledge of the types and uses of small hand tools such as hammers, screwdrivers, chisels, drills, Files, picks, etc.
- Knowledge of the types and uses of precision measuring equipment and devices such as calipers, levels, rulers, squares, etc.
- Knowledge of methods and techniques used in making and cutting keys
- Knowledge of the characteristics and properties of a wide variety of metals and alloys
- Skills in using precision measuring equipment and devices such as calipers, levels, rulers, squares, etc.
- Skill in using small hand tools such as hammers, screwdrivers, chisels, drills, files, picks, etc.
- Skill in the methods and techniques of making and outing keys
- Ability to perform arithmetic computations
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to establish rapport with others
- Ability to deal tactfully with others
- Ability to read and interpret such documents as plans, specifications, blueprints, etc.
- Ability to exercise direction in handling confidential information
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Ability to follow oral instructions
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal (MTA - Maintenance & Trades Bargaining Union) candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
This is an MTA - Maintenance & Trades Bargaining Union position, Grade 15 - Step 1 $1,834.35 – Step 14 $2,575.47 bi-weekly.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information for three professional references will be requested at the time of application.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend