Associate Director of Residential Education for Academic Partnerships
Job no: 507935
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
Salary commensurate with experience and grade/range
General Summary of Position:
The Associate Director of Residential Education for Academic Partnerships (ADAP) is a senior member of both the Residence Life central office staff and of the Residential Education leadership team. Utilizing the tenants of equity and inclusion to guide their daily work, the ADAP assists the Director of Residential Education (DRE) in supporting the implementation of an inclusive, dynamic, and comprehensive residential community that houses just under 5,000 students.
Primary areas of responsibility for the ADAP include the direct supervision of a professional Coordinator for Living-Learning Communities (CLLC), Area Coordinators and Resident Directors. The ADAP is also responsible for the indirect supervision of graduate fellow and student staff in their assigned residential supervision area. In consultation with the DRE, the ADAP is charged with leading the overall development and execution of an inclusive, comprehensive living-learning community program. The ADAP will be supported in these efforts by the CLLC. ADAP is the Residential Education leadership team member responsible for directing the work of the department’s academic initiatives committee. The ADIRL is charged with leading the overall implementation and assessment of the department’s residential curriculum model.
Additionally, the ADAP has a primary functional responsibility for departmental leadership by building partnerships across campus through the promotion and training of LLC advisors, and though educating campus partners about the opportunities and benefits associated with our LLC program. Through their commitment to equity and inclusion, the ADAP will work to create a welcoming space for students and staff within our residential community.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Direct supervision of a professional Coordinator, Area Coordinators and/or Resident Directors and indirect oversight of assigned residence hall communities. Indirect supervision of graduate fellow and student staff.
- Lead the overall development and execution of an inclusive, comprehensive living-learning community program which includes establishing and maintaining partnerships with academic schools and colleges, deans, faculty, staff, and university partners.
- Lead the overall implementation and assessment of the department’s residential curriculum model and academic initiatives.
- Provide direction and leadership for the residential education team in the absence of the Director of Residential Education.
- Serve in an emergency on call duty rotation for residential students.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- A masters degree in higher education, college student personnel or a related field is required
- A minimum of 5 years of increasing experience and responsibilities in Residence Life, including housing, judicial, administration, staff selection and staff training
- Three to four years in a middle management residence life position supervising full time professional staff
- Experience with the development and implantation of a residential curriculum approach to engagement and education
- Proven ability to address student needs and establish a positive rapport with students, student groups, faculty/staff, and parents while demonstrating openness and integrity
- Competency with various software included in MS Office or MS Office 365
- Proven experience with the creation and implementation living learning communities and experience working with living learning community faculty and staff advisors
- Competency with using MS Teams, SharePoint creation and management, StarRez, and Maxient
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
This is an SEIU 888 Professional Union position, Grade P17.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend