CPH-NEW Accountant (part-time/temporary)
Job no: 507526
Position type: Staff Part Time
Non-Benefited – Non-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Salary commensurate with experience and grants budget
General Summary of Position:
The Administrator of CPH-NEW (Center for the Promotion of Health in the New England Workplace) coordinates day-to-day activities and oversees all major initiatives of the Center, reporting to the Center Director.
This position is to be filled as soon as possible and is currently available through 8/31/2021. Continued employment is possible, contingent on future funding.
The position is responsible for oversight of day-to-day operation of all aspects of CPH-NEW. Duties include office management, budgeting, planning and facilitating meetings, event organizing, quarterly annual newsletters, annual reports, public relations and outreach, and assisting the Faculty Associates and Board members with development activities.
- Prepare/submit Personnel Action Forms (PAFs), temporary employee contracts (ePAF), vendor/consultant contracts, RA academic contracts and summer contracts
- Prepare purchase orders/requisitions, vendor contracts, subject incentives, travel authorizations & reimbursements, payment vouchers & invoices; manage all procurement responsibilities and ensure that vendors are paid.
- Review expense reports for consistency with UML travel policy
- Use University credit cards and track expenses
- Maintain financial records; track expenditures against annual budget & identify discrepancies. Address any problems or errors with the Office of Research Administration.
- Prepare and submit additional compensation requests for faculty summer salary
- Prepare and submit requests for carryover funds and no-cost extensions to funding agency
- Prepare budgets when requested
- Coordinate with PIs as requested to assist with budget planning and management
- Review and reconcile university credit card statements
- Communicate with persons at collaborating and affiliated institutions on financial matters
- Liaise to Human Resources, Procurement, ORA, etc.
- Perform related duties as required
Duties not current/not anticipated before 8/31/2021:
- Assist other faculty members to prepare budgets and other pre-proposal materials
- Manage pilot grants program
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years experience as a Project Administrator or Executive Secretary or comparable position, including financial management, preferably in an academic or non-profit research environment
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated familiarity with Windows-based computer applications: word processing, spreadsheets, financial management, Adobe Acrobat, procedures for web, e-mail, publications, and presentations
- Training and experience in Peoplesoft Summit is essential
- Evidence of success in project management and event planning: well-organized, able to multitask, able to supervise effectively
- Ability to work moderately independently; good problem-solving and analytic skills; flexibility and ability to prioritize; delegation skills; ability to collaborate with diverse individuals in a highly professional manner
- Grant-writing experience is desirable but not required
- Experience with TeleForm data entry software and/or Endnote bibliographic software is desirable but not required
For more information, please contact CPHNEW@uml.edu with cc: to Laura_Punnett@uml.edu.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
This position is contingent upon funding. This position is to be filled as soon as possible and is currently available through 8/31/2021. Continued employment is possible, contingent on future funding. This is a part-time, temporary, non-benefited, non-unit position.
Please include a resume, cover letter and writing sample with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend