Research Software Developer
Job no: 505722
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
Electrical & Computer Eng
Annual equivalent of $60,000 - $70,000
General Summary of Position:
The successful applicant will conduct analytical and experimental research in the areas of network security, data privacy, cyber security and medical data processing with an emphasis on blockchain based prototype design and implementation, testing and validation. The candidate will participate in the collaboration with partner institutions, and help immediate supervisor in writing technical reports, scholarly articles and proposals.
The initial appointment will be for 3 months with a possibility of renewal based on productivity and performance, the needs of the project and the availability of funding.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or a related technical field
Experience (less than one year required)
- Experience of working with blockchain, smart contract
- Past experience of working on and shipping complex applications as part of a team
- Experienced in Linux, git, Ethereum/Quorum
- Blockchain, computer networking, secure coding, operating systems, computer system and multicore architecture, data analytics
- Familiarity of web development especially front end GUI, Web3js, etc.
- Familiarity of Linux and cloud computing platforms and open source software development
- Familiarity of programming languages such as Matlab, and LaTeX tools
- Ability to work independently, with limited direction, as well as within a team environment.
- Experience contributing to major open-source software projects will be considered favorably
- Experience as a technical influencer for highly scalable distributed system designs preferred
**This position requires programming and analytical skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only current UML Employees within the Grants & Contracts (MTA/GRACE) bargaining unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled; however, the posting may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
This position is contingent upon funding. The initial appointment will be for three months with a possibility of renewal based on productivity and performance and the availability of funding.
Please include a resume, cover letter and research statement with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend