Job no: 496313
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
Salary range M&T Grade 15, Step 1 $1620.75 -Step 14 $2275.56
General Summary of Position:
This being an internal opportunity, only current UML Employees, irrespective of Bargaining units are eligible to apply for this position.
Incumbents of positions in this series maintain buildings and related structures applying carpentry techniques and using carpentry tools to construct, alter, repair and/or install walls, stairs, floors, ceilings, windows, doors, roofs , etc., inspect buildings to determine need for carpentry to be done; erect and dismantle staging and scaffolding; and perform related work as required. The basic purpose of this work is to perform carpentry maintenance work in support of general maintenance, repair and/or alteration of state buildings and related structures.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Applicants must have at least two years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, experience in carpentry work including knowledge of demonstrated methods and techniques used in installing locks or lock assemblies
- Knowledge of the types and uses of hand held power tools such as drills, electric hand saws and small hand tools such as hammers and wrenches.
- Knowledge of the types and uses of small measurement devices such as levels, rulers, and steel squares
- Knowledge of the safety precautions and procedures followed in building maintenance
- Knowledge of the methods and procedures used in the security of building and property
- Skill in the use of hand held power tools such as drill sand electric hands saws, and small hand tools such as hammers and wrenches
- Skill in the use of small measurement devices such as levels, rulers, and steel squares
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as plans, specifications, blueprints and drawings
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral expression
- Ability to perform arithmetic computations
- Five (5) Years of full-time, or equivalent part time experience
- Working knowledge of door access and controls systems
- Proven reliability by references or prior documentation
- Working knowledge of Massachusetts Building Codes, BOCA Codes, Safety Regulations & practices, or ADA Regulations
- Ability to establish and maintain productive relationships with the Physical plant Shops, University faculty and Staff, and supporting contractors
- Demonstrated willingness to be on essential personnel list for facility related emergencies and University Closings due to weather
- Possess a driver’s license or willingness to utilize the university’s transportation system to move efficiently and effectively across city campuses
- Working knowledge of the practices, procedures, methods, materials and tools used in the repair and maintenance of door closures and door hardware; and ability to diagnose lock/door issues; understanding of regulations pertaining to fire exits
- Prior experience working with personal computers for office communication and management purposes, i.e., memos, email, spreadsheets, and calendars and in planning
Special Instructions to Applicants:
***This position is for second shift.***
Please include a resume with your application. Names and contact information for three references will be requested at the time of application. Submission of a cover letter is optional.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend