Nursing Laboratory & Simulation Specialist
Job no: 495929
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
School of Nursing
Salary commensurate with experience and grade/range
General Summary of Position:
The Nursing Lab & Simulation Specialist will participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of educational programming in the Solomont School of Nursing Laboratories. The Nursing & Lab Simulation Specialist will also be responsible for teaching laboratory and clinical courses for the SSON programs and ensuring the smooth operation of the Nursing Simulation and Skills laboratory. They will work with the SSON faculty, as well as the Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences faculty, to promote opportunities for interprofessional education.
The School of Nursing is located within the College of Health Sciences at UMass Lowell. The College of Health Sciences is a dynamic, growing College that prepares professionals and scientists in a wide range of health science fields including applied, clinical and translational areas.
The individual will also be engaged in service to the School as required. We seek applicants recognized for teaching excellence, ability to work with diverse populations, and excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Develop and present simulation learning activities independently and in collaboration with course faculty.
- Teaching laboratory and clinical courses for the SON programs.
- Ensure the smooth operation of the Nursing Simulation and Skills Laboratory.
- Provide for a safe environment.
- Provide resources and support in the achievement of SON goals and strategic initiatives.
- Serve as a resource to Faculty and Staff for any issues that may arise. Maintain a welcoming environment for all.
Other related duties as assigned.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal and encourage you to apply and to identify your strengths in these areas.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- An MS degree in Nursing, with a specialization in Nursing Education preferred, or a Post-Master’s Certificate in Nursing Education
- Massachusetts RN license is required
- 3-5 years of recent experience in clinical nursing
- Teaching experience in a clinical or skills laboratory environment, within the past 2-3 years
- Teaching expertise with simulation and skills lab technology
- National certification as Nurse Educator, preferred
- Advanced practice and other specialty certifications are desirable
- Ability to teach faculty how to use simulation and debrief effectively;National certification as simulation specialist highly desirable
- Competency in computer skills, Microsoft Office, especially Access and Excel, and presentation technology
- Demonstrate expertise in providing skills training or tutoring one-on-one or in small groups
- Ability to collaborate with faculty in identifying needs and developing and implementing creative laboratory learning environments
- Successful grant-writing to support technology and equipment acquisitions a plus
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Maternal-child nursing - preference for recent clinical experience in, and simulation teaching related to, maternal-child health
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume/CV, cover letter and teaching statement/philosophy with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process. Submission of scholarly work/publication is optional.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend