General Summary of Position:
Responsible for daily oversight of the UCard, Access and Parking Services (UCAPS) customer service and financial operations. Manages all service personnel for UCAPS and Telephone Operations, and oversees all daily deposits, reconciliations and invoicing for the office. Works regularly in PeopleSoft financial applications as well as with Cardinal Tracking TickeTrak System, Lenel OnGuard Access Control System, and HPS 1Card Campus Solutions.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Oversee all financial transactions for the office by performing daily settlement to balance all collections to transactions; validating daily deposits to financial reports as well as overages/shortages; facilitating refund processes, both via eCommerce and refund checks; and processing money transfers with bank for lost/stolen UCards. Performs monthly reconciliation of all funds deposited into various accounts to ensure accuracy. Invoices external companies and internal departments for services. Maintains various procard logs for UCAPS staff and auxiliary accounts.
2. Manage front-end and telephone operator staff consisting of 3 full time employees, 3 benefited part-time staff, and as many as 4 students, including scheduling, effective training and direction the activities of staff and set the standard for customer service. Monitor and evaluate performance ensuring staff follow all policies and procedures, and promote professional growth and team dynamic. Meet with staff individually at least every other week, and create and monitor Performance Development Plans as needed. Approve payroll on a weekly basis for all direct report employees.
3. Manage the telephone operations staff to ensure proper parking gate call and transferring of incoming calls to University’s main phone line. Maintain open communication with transportation on large events as it pertains to parking.
4. Coordinates the sending of unpaid citations to a collections agency and the marking vehicles for non-renewal through Registry of Motor Vehicles. Coordinate with Student Affairs to streamline procedures and policies for Financial Hardship parking permit program.
5. Responsible for all aspects of online decal ordering, which includes decal verification, daily processing, mailings, refunds and communications.
6. Involvement in the Parking Appeals process, by reviewing first offenses and errors with UCAPS Specialists before appeals meetings.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-8 years of experience with managing personnel. Ability to collaborate and foster teamwork with all reporting staff and department resources
- 3-5 years of experience working with financial transactions including cash, deposits, reconciliations, and procedures
- Proven ability to work constructively with a wide range of technical, administrative, and professional people
- Positive, pleasant, customer-friendly demeanor and communication skills
- Demonstrates a commitment to department core values of safety, integrity, process improvement and customer satisfaction
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work collaboratively in a team as well as independently with limited supervision
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail
- Given the nature of responsibilities of the position, only U.S. persons (any individual who is a citizen of the United States, a permanent resident alien of the United States, or a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3)) will be considered for this position.
- Experience in Cardinal Tracking TickeTrak, Lenel OnGuard Access Control System, 1Card, Pharos and/or PeopleSoft software a plus
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.