General Summary of Position:
The University of Massachusetts Lowell Susan and Alan Solomont School of Nursing seeks a full-time tenure-track faculty member. We seek applicants who have had or anticipate a trajectory of scholarly productivity. Recent graduates who intend to pursue research or experienced faculty who have established programs of research are welcome to apply. Candidates must have the ability to work with diverse populations, and excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
About UMass Lowell
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is a tier-1 public research university. Faculty at UMass Lowell collaborate with clinical sites and researchers in Boston and surrounding areas. UMass Lowell has experienced dramatic growth in research funding, total endowments, and student enrollment over the past eight years. It is a Carnegie Classification Doctoral University – Higher Research Activity and conducts more than $65 million in sponsored research annually.
Solomont School of Nursing Overview
A growing and dynamic school established in 1968, the Solomont School of Nursing enrolls over 550 nursing students in BSN, RN to BSN, Master’s, Doctorate of Nursing Practice and PhD in Nursing programs and has 26 full-time faculty members. Faculty have diverse interests and conduct research in the areas of gerontology, geropsychiatric nursing, adult health, occupational health, pediatrics, nurse workforce and women’s health. Other areas of research are welcome.
The Solomont School of Nursing evolved from a department of nursing in 2014 and is located within the Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences. The Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences is a dynamic, growing College that prepares professionals and scientists in a wide range of health science fields. In addition to the Solomont School of Nursing, the Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences offers baccalaureate, masters and doctoral programs in several health related disciplines including pharmaceutical sciences, public health, exercise science, physical therapy, biomedical sciences, nutrition and exercise science. The College is a leader in interprofessional education, research and practice opportunities for faculty and students. Faculty research within the Zuckerberg College ranges from the lab bench to clinical interventions and community projects. Research programs with significant funding and vibrant community partnerships and engagement opportunities enrich and support our educational programs. Opportunities for research linkages exist with other UMass Lowell Colleges, nationally and internationally renowned Boston based health centers and research centers and across the 5-campus UMass system.
UMass Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal and encourage you to apply and to identify your strengths in these areas.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
• Candidates must hold an earned research doctorate in nursing or a related field from an accredited institution. Candidates with a doctorate in a field other than nursing must have a master’s degree in nursing
• Candidates must hold an active RN license; a Massachusetts RN license is required prior to the start of the employment.
• Teaching or teaching assistant experience in higher education
• Candidates should have a beginning program of research and a plan for continuing their research
Additional Considerations (Preferred):
• Expertise in acute care, mental health or medical-surgical nursing
• Evidence of academic teaching experience in four-year University/College institutions is preferred
• Publication in peer-reviewed journals is preferred
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin November 15, 2019 and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover letter
- Teaching statement/philosophy
- Research statement to include research interest and future plan
- Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application