Systems Analyst - Operations & Reporting
Job no: 502432
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
Student Financial Services
Salary commensurate with experience and grade/range
General Summary of Position:
The position of Systems Analyst for Operations and Reporting requires someone that is a strategic problem solver responsible for the continuous improvement and automation of business functions and activities with system based solutions. The Systems Analyst will also be responsible for translating business requirements into functional, effective and efficient solution designs and deliverables. This position will also require the Analyst to address service requests, both from within and outside of the office, problems and projects associated with various systems but mainly with Peoplesoft.
1. Collaborate with SFS Staff, UMass Lowell IT and UITS central office on system configuration.
2. Build and maintain all SF tuition and fee tables each semester for all students, Graduate, Undergraduate and On-Line and Continuing Studies.
3. Support the Director by developing and writing reports to track metrics on student financial data for trend analysis. Collaborate with Stakeholders to build reports, dashboards and visualizations. Compile multiple years of data submitted in a SFS Benchmarking survey to compare our data with that our peer institutions.
4. Develop student financial reports from the PeopleSoft Student database to assist staff by translating user requests into report specifications, identifying and documenting any data issues, extracting data and producing information specific to requests, validating report output for accuracy and troubleshooting report issues when identified by report user. The Systems Analyst will also be responsible for creating and/or maintaining report documentation.
5. Represent the SFS Office and actively participate, when needed, in the Student Financial Services core team meetings made up of representatives from BDL (Boston, Dartmouth and Lowell) as well as representatives from UITS central office. Participate in meetings, workshops and conferences.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science or a related field
- 5 – 7 years of demonstrated experience working with relational databases and with report-writing software (i.e. SUMMIT, OBIEE – Oracle Business Intelligence, Tableau)
- SQL Experience
- Demonstrated ability to write, run and modify Peoplesoft queries using a variety of tables to pull large amounts of data for operational purposes and within strict deadlines
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel, Access, Visio, and Power Point)
- Demonstrated willingness to acquire new skills
- Proven ability to prioritize responsibilities and meet deadlines in a consistent, timely and professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to reprioritize projects on short notice
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Effective communication, problem solving, collaborative member of the team
- Proven ability to work well with non-technical groups
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills required. Communications on a regular basis with staff from SFS and other offices as well as external agencies as need
- Functional experience with PeopleSoft Student Administration System preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of computer application software
- Experience with CRM, (i.e. Salesforce) and ability to data mine information as requested
- Ability to gather information from a wide variety of resources, analyze the information, summarize, and present the information in a useful understandable manner
- Ability to document operational procedures, technical specification and requirements
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a cover letter and resume with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend