General Summary of Position:
Under the direction of the Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance, the Director of NCAA Compliance will assist and oversee specified areas within the day-to-day activities of a Division I compliance program.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Oversee daily operations with the ARMS software pertaining to institutional processes and NCAA bylaw documentation of all sport programs.
2. Manage activities related to NCAA regulations, including: initial eligibility, promotional activities, official and unofficial visits, high school transcript evaluations, student-athlete employment and camps/clinics.
3. Conduct outreach, including but not limited to, monthly compliance forums, team orientation and exit meetings, eligibility presentations and individualized rules education sessions with various campus constituents.
4. Responsible for overseeing communication with the Admissions Office, International Student Services, Graduate School and University Bookstore. Included conveying information and reports to coaches and staff.
5. Manage the student-athlete book scholarship program.
6. Work with the Assistant AD for Compliance on projects as needed.
Promote the University’s commitment to customer service by:
• Build effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
• Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information.
• Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
Other Job Duties:
1. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Two to three years of experience in an NCAA Division I compliance program
• Demonstrated knowledge and application of NCAA rules and regulations
• Experience working with Compliance Assistant, Eligibility Center, Legislative Services Database for the internet (LSDBi) and Requests/Self-Reports Online
• Strong working knowledge of ARMS compliance software
• Microsoft Office Suite Programs
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work with people in a fast paced and potentially hectic environment
- Experience working effectively in diverse environments
- Thorough understanding of special demands of the athletic environment with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with student-athletes, coaches, athletic department staff, boosters, University administration, faculty and surrounding community
Special Instructions to Applicants:
A job offer for this position is contingent upon a satisfactory response to a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check and review.
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.