General Summary of Position:
The Director of Multimedia and Production is responsible for creating content and producing live events on behalf of the University’s 16-team Division I intercollegiate athletics program.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Serve as producer/director for all NESN, ESPN, AmericaEast.TV and GoRiverHawks.tv live events. Production levels should be at highest level in the conference and among regional competitors.
2. Produce features on student-athletes and coaches, as well as pre-game hype videos for basketball, hockey, and other select sports as necessary.
3. Compile game highlights and build video archive of key players through original shooting at games.
4. Produce social content and content for special events to spread brand awareness of UMass Lowell Athletics. Work closely with corporate sponsorship and marketing department to promote our sponsors, alumni and upcoming home events.
5. Schedule and train interns, as well as freelance and student staff. Cultivate relationships across campus with University Relations and Digital Media Major/Minor to create feeder system for ESPN branded events.
6. Assist with the operation, maintenance, and updating of Tsongas Center A/V Room, in conjunction with full-time arena video staff.
7. Travel with teams as necessary to provide video coverage of select events, including regular-season and post-season contests.
Promote the University’s commitment to customer service by:
• Building effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
• Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information.
• Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
Other Job Duties:
1. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Nights and weekends are required
Attendance at campus events is expected
Requires some travel, including overnight stays
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
• Bachelor’s Degree Required
• Three to five years working in a comprehensive video production landscape in a Division I collegiate athletics environment required
• Must have excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and work within a team environment
• Working knowledge and application of NCAA rules and regulations and procedures
- High-level video editing, design and motion graphic skill, required
- Experience with Adobe Premiere/Final Cut; Adobe After Effects/Photoshop is preferred
- Experience working effectively in diverse environments.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
A job offer for this position is contingent upon a satisfactory response to a background check and Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check and review.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
* CPR, FIRST AID, CLERY and TITLE IX certification within first 30 days of employment.