General Summary of Position:
Under the direction of the Head Coach of Ice Hockey the Director of Hockey Operations is responsible for the oversight of video analysis and assisting with administrative tasks for the University’s Division I Ice Hockey program.
General Summary of Position:
1. Analyze and manage ice hockey video and game film to ensure staff and team is fully prepared for opponent(s);
- Acquire game film from opponents and provide pre-scout breakdown and analysis of opponents
- Assist with post-game video breakdown and statistical analysis using Microsoft Excel and XOS
- Oversee breakdown and restructuring of video equipment at the Tsongas Center for home games and at away rinks
- Utilize Hockey East video exchange program to upload penalties, questionable plays and supplemental discipline issues
- Access NHL games to provide further analysis to the coaching staff and team
- Network with junior hockey programs to acquire video for recruiting breakdown
- Creation of videos streamlined to music
- Provide game film to coaching staff when they are traveling
2. Manage Ice Hockey team travel;
- Coordinates all travel for the Ice Hockey staff and team including hotel reservations, flight arrangements and transportation to and from the campus/airport and airport/hotel
- Produces all travel itineraries for away games
- Responsible for booking and managing meals for games (both home and away)
- Responsible for management of team meals during school breaks
3. Oversee ice hockey team travel budget and game operations;
- Manage team travel to ensure expenses remain with operational budget
- Liaison to University Travel Agent on all ice hockey related travel bookings
4. Provides assistance coordinating fundraising events and summer camps.
5. Serves as academic liaison for hockey student-athletes. Monitors student-athletes to maintain high academic standards according to the NCAA.
Promote the University’s commitment to customer service by:
- Building effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
- Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information.
- Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
Full compliance with all NCAA and conference rules and regulations is required. All employees must have a full understanding of applicable NCAA rules and participate in compliance workshops and meetings as requested. In the event there is reasonable cause to believe a violation has occurred, employees will report it in a timely manner to the director of athletics or his/her designee.
Other Job duties:
1. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Constant evenings and weekends work. Involves travel to away games.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-3 years experience in hockey operations at the college level
- Expertise with computer programs: XOS Vega Video Editing Software, Microsoft Office Suite, Windows Movie Maker, Varsity Ice Time Software
- Sound organizational and effective management skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with student-athletes, coaches, athletic administration, campus faculty and staff, league office and coaching staffs of other college and universities
Special Instructions to Applicants:
A job offer for this position is contingent upon a satisfactory response to a background and Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check and review.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.