General Summary of Position:
The Hospitality & Event Services office provides professional level event planning and service support to hundreds of events across campus in order to enhance the university’s public image. This position will support the effective management of the 25Live scheduling system, summer conference software programming and operations, and student development and success.
Key responsibilities of this position includes:
1. Serve as a main campus coordinator processing requests and booking event related details in the 25Live scheduling system - assist in the booking process for internal and external events across campus.
2. Serve as support for conferences; focusing on housing operations, software development, overall execution of programs, and student development and success.
3. Assist with the overall use of the conference software – assisting in the scheduling of spaces – and the continuity between 25Live and the summer conference software.
4. Support 25Live Weekly Operations/Pre Operations meeting preparations, including but not limited to; diagrams, 25Live Reports, client follow up, and pre-event staff support.
5. Support major events such as Commencement, Homecoming, Convocation, etc. including but not limited to; assisting with the purchases and invoices for major campus events and summer conferences.
6. Other Duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- 6 months – 1 year of related experience
*Will consider candidates with HS Diploma or equivalent and 3-5 years of directly related experience
- Effective verbal and written communication to interact with a broad range of university and external constituencies
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office & Adobe Creative Suite, and Visio event software programs
- Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities, and meet various regular deadlines
- Familiarity with the special event needs and practices of various UMass Lowell departments
- Working knowledge of special events management at UMass Lowell
- Experience in 25Live scheduling software, or equivalent, program required
- Some evening and weekend work will be required
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information for three references will be required at the time of application.