General Summary of Position:
The Department of Public Health at the University of Massachusetts Lowell is searching for part-time Adjunct Instructors to teach online and face-to face courses in health informatics and management.
The position requires proficiency in health informatics and information management related courses with experience in clinical classification systems, reimbursement methodologies, performance improvement and revenue cycle management to fulfill this role in the Health Informatics and Management program.
Teaching opportunities to begin in Summer 2019.
Health informatics and management is a dynamic, growing program located within the Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences at the University of Massachusetts Lowell. The college prepares professionals in a wide range of health science fields including applied, clinical, and translational areas. A large research program along with vibrant community partnerships and engagement opportunities enrich and support our educational programs.
UMass Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal and encourage you to apply and to identify your strengths in these areas.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Public Health, Health Informatics, Healthcare Management, or other related Public Health field preferred
- Demonstrated teaching experience in health informatics, healthcare management, healthcare systems, reimbursement methodologies, clinical classification systems and data analytics/or health policy at the university/college level
- Excellent oral & written English communications skills
- Successful candidates should also have a strong desire to teach a diverse population of graduate and undergraduate students within the College of Health Sciences
- Strong collaboration skills for working with faculty from a variety of disciplines.
- Teaching Evaluation Summaries
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin immediately. This will continue to be an ongoing posting to develop a pool of applicants for openings as they arise. The position will close after an adequate number of qualified applications are received. Teaching opportunities to begin in Summer 2019.
This is a part-time, non-benefited position.
Please include a CV, cover letter, teaching statement/philosophy, evidence of teaching and teaching evaluations with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.