Operations Assistant - M2D2
Job no: 496589
Position type: Staff Part Time
Non-Benefited – Non-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
$15.00 - $20.00/hour
General Summary of Position:
The Operations Assistant for M2D2 will assist with day-to-day operations, providing administrative support to the staff and assisting with the facility’s daily operations to keep it running smoothly.
M2D2 is a collaborative workspace changing the face of medical device and biotech innovation, and we need more than just scientists to innovate. Our team collaborates across disciplines, relying on our skills to add value to this unique culture, positively impacting the successes of our community.
*This is a temporary, part-time, non-unit, non-benefited, 18 hour/week position.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assists with the day-to-day administrative operations of M2D2:
- Review and process lab and space agreements
- Place orders, accept and disburse deliveries
- Stock and organize supplies and make inventory of items
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Provide administrative, telephone support and calendar management
- Write and distribute emails, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures
- Order office supplies
- Assist in reconciling monthly pro-card transactions/logging
- Interact with other departments to effectively and efficiently conduct special projects and assignments
- Keep M2D2 web page updated
2. Supports meetings and events:
- Create, schedule and support M2D2 functions and events
- Post information online
- Manage registrations and create name badges, etc.
- Make travel arrangements in compliance with travel policy
- Prepare expense reports
- Prepare and coordinate materials, such as agendas, handouts, brochures and other materials. Where needed, take detailed minutes.
- Draft and edit of PowerPoint presentations
3. Create and manage office hours system:
- Create, schedule and manage an office hours program; contact subject matter experts weekly and schedule the hours they will be on site
4. Assist with tours and interact with staff:
- Show outside vendors the M2D2 space and facilities upon request
- Collaborate with the marketing team
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelors degree with 3 years of related experience*
*Will consider candidates with HS Diploma or GED/equivalent and at least 7 years of related experience
- Demonstrated experience of computer software including office applications, data base management, spreadsheets, email/Outlook, Microsoft Word/Excel
- Strong organizational skills and superior attention to detail
- Independent yet able to seek input where needed
- Excellent verbal/written communication and time management skills
- University experience a plus
- Familiarity with HTML, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop a plus
Special Instructions to Applicants:
**This is a temporary, part-time, non-unit, non-benefited, 18 hour/week position.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application. Submission of a cover letter is optional.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend