Tenure-Track Faculty in Physical Therapy/Kinesiology
Job no: 495865
Position type: Faculty Full Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
Physical Therapy & Kinesiology
Salary commensurate with experience
General Summary of Position:
The Department of Physical Therapy and Kinesiology at the University of Massachusetts Lowell seeks a full-time tenure-track faculty member with a research program in physical therapy, exercise science, or a kinesiology related area. The candidate will be appointed at the Assistant, or Associate level, depending upon qualifications.
The Department of Physical Therapy and Kinesiology is located within the Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences, a dynamic, growing college that prepares professionals and scientists in a wide range of health science fields including applied, clinical and translational areas. A large research program and vibrant community partnerships and engagement opportunities enrich and support our educational programs. The candidate will work with internal collaborators in the Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences, with faculty in other colleges at UMass Lowell, with community partners, and with external academic or industry collaborators to strengthen current research and build new interdisciplinary research areas consistent with departmental priorities.
The Department invites applicants who have a successful track record or show significant potential to procure extramural funding to support their research program(s). Topic areas of interest include, but are not limited to: rehabilitation sciences, digital health, movement sciences, cardiopulmonary sciences, biosensors, and robotics. Candidates who present additional evidence of clinical and/or teaching expertise in physical therapy or exercise science are especially encouraged to apply.
We seek applicants recognized for interprofessional collaboration, scholarly productivity, ability to work with diverse populations, and excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Faculty teach at the undergraduate and/or graduate level. Faculty are engaged in service to the department and college as required.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- An academic doctoral degree (PhD, EdD, DHSc, ScD) from an accredited university with a research program related to physical therapy, exercise science, or kinesiology
- Assistant professor candidates must have a vibrant research program with a strong likelihood of funding and scholarly dissemination
- Associate professor candidates must have a nationally recognized research program with a record of extramural research support; current funding is desirable
- Strong communication and collaborative abilities
- Teaching and/or clinical experience in physical therapy (cardiopulmonary, acute care, therapeutic modalities, and/or special topics including pelvic health, orthotics, and prosthetics), applied anatomy, physiology, exercise science or similar fields.
- Eligible for physical therapy licensure in the United States.
- Postdoctoral experience required for Assistant Professor candidates.
- Experience in developing research proposals for national funding is desirable.
- Applicants with established interdisciplinary research collaborations are encouraged to apply.
- The College has a strong commitment to diversity. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin on November 1 and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
- Current CV
- Cover letter describing experience and interest in this position
- Teaching philosophy (include teaching philosophy and style as well as a description of previous teaching experience)
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals (three samples of published work in peer-reviewed journals in the area of funding/funding potential, preferably as first author)
- Research statement (include research goals, objectives, and three-year research plan)
- Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend