Research Scientist in Epidemiology
Job no: 522236
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
Salary commensurate with experience within the grant, grade/range
General Summary of Position:
The Department of Computer Science at the University of Massachusetts Lowell invites applications for a Research Scientist in Epidemiology. We are seeking a dynamic and accomplished individual to contribute to our growing interdisciplinary team at the intersection of computer science and public health.
As a Research Scientist in Epidemiology, you will have the opportunity to engage in cutting-edge research at the nexus of computational methodologies and epidemiological studies. The successful candidate will collaborate with faculty and researchers in the Department of Computer Science, as well as other departments across the university, to advance knowledge in epidemiological modeling, data analysis, and public health informatics.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- PhD in Epidemiology, Public Health, Computer Science, or a related field
- 2-3 years as a Post-Doctoral Research Associate and/or a very strong record of publications
- Strong background in epidemiological research, with expertise in computational methods and data analysis
- Demonstrated ability to publish in peer-reviewed journals and present at conferences
- Teaching experience at the undergraduate and graduate levels
- Track record of successful collaboration and interdisciplinary research
- Ability to secure external research funding
- Performs other job duties as assigned
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only current UML Employees within the Grants & Contracts (MTA/GRACE) bargaining unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
This is a Grants & Contracts (MTA/GRACE) bargaining unit position, Grade P16.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled; however, the posting may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
This position is contingent upon funding. The initial appointment will be for approximately one-year with a possibility of renewal based on productivity, successful performance and the availability of funding.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend