Postdoctoral Research Associate - Civil & Environmental Engineering
Job no: 522079
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
Civil & Environmental Eng
Salary commensurate with experience within the grant, grade/range
General Summary of Position:
The successful applicant will conduct analytical research and data collection in the area of transportation safety with an emphasis on railroad grade crossing safety using advanced LiDAR sensors and help immediate supervisor in writing scholarly articles and technical reports. There is also the possibility for the applicant to engage in teaching activities, further enhancing their professional development.
The initial appointment will be for 1 year with a possibility of renewal based on the availability of funding and productivity and performance.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- PhD in Civil and Environmental Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- Minimum four years of experience (including MS and PhD. Research experience) in relevant research
- Ability to work effectively as a team player
- Strong technical writing and communication skills
- Strong quantitative research methods related to transportation safety
- Familiar with various artificial intelligence methods, Python and/or R programming, LiDAR data processing and modeling, remote sensing, geographic information systems (GIS)
- Should demonstrate a minimum number of at least 5 publications in the field
- Ability to work independently, with limited direction, as well as within a team environment
- Ability to mentor and inspire students with limited research experience
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only current UML Employees within the Grants & Contracts (MTA/GRACE) bargaining unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
This position is contingent upon funding. The initial appointment will be for one year with a possibility of renewal based on productivity, successful performance and the availability of funding.
Please include a resume, cover letter and sample of scholarly work/publication with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend