Visiting Professor in Environmental Engineering
Job no: 522025
Position type: Faculty Full Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
Civil & Environmental Eng
Salary commensurate with experience
General Summary of Position:
The successful candidate should be capable of teaching courses at the undergraduate level such as: Capstone Design, Fluid Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics Laboratory, Environmental Engineering Laboratory, Energy and Sustainable Environment, Groundwater Hydrogeology and Remediation, and Chemical Fate and Transport in the Environment. For a more detailed description of the courses, please visit our online catalog https://www.uml.edu/catalog/advance-search.aspx?department=LCEENVENGR&type=department. Services may include advising undergraduate students, outreach activities, and actively participating in continuing efforts to improve the department's educational mission.
The appointment is for 9 months per year, and renewable annually based on performance. Opportunities exist for additional compensation by teaching in the summer months. The appointment is scheduled to begin Fall 2024. The position is subject to funding. The potential for future appointment as Non-Tenure-Track Assistant Professor exists.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal and encourage you to apply and to identify your strengths in this area.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Undergraduate and Master's degrees in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or related field
- Doctoral degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or related field by the start of the appointment
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Record of successful teaching experience at the college level
- Registration as a Professional Engineer and relevant industrial experience
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
This non-tenured teaching faculty position is renewable.
Please submit the following required documents with your application:
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter
- Teaching Statement/Philosophy/Experience/Interest (should include a short statement detailing interests and objectives)
- Evidence of Teaching (should include syllabi, course descriptions, class evaluations, etc.)
- Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend