Faculty Part-time - Business (multiple positions)
Job no: 521618
Position type: Faculty Part Time/Adjunct
Non-Benefited - Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Manning School of Business
Salary commensurate with experience
General Summary of Position:
The Manning School of Business at University of Massachusetts Lowell seeks applicants for various adjunct positions for the 2023-24 academic year. Adjunct Professors teach 1-4 courses per year. The College currently offers a diverse array of on campus and online courses to support its undergraduate and graduate programs in Accounting, Finance, Management, Marketing, Entrepreneurship & Innovation, and Operations & Information Systems.
Successful candidates will demonstrate passionate engagement in their own practice, research, and scholarly activities, as well as relevant teaching experience.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations. The University seeks candidates who can contribute to that goal. We encourage you to apply and identify your strengths in this area.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Master’s degree in the appropriate field, or closely related discipline
- Ph.D. in Data Analytics, Management Information Systems, or closely-related discipline
- Teaching experience in higher education
- Prior experience with Blackboard or other LMS systems
- Ability to teach one or more of the following courses:
- POMS.6220 Decision Analytics. This course explores the three primary dimensions of business analytics: descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics. It delves into their practical applications using tools like SPSS, WEKA, or Excel's solver
For a more detailed description of the courses, please visit: https://www.uml.edu/MSB/
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
This is a part-time, non-benefited, Union of Adjunct Faculty, Local 1596, UAW position.
Please include a CV, cover letter, teaching statement/philosophy, evidence of teaching effectiveness, and sample publications in peer-reviewed journals with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend