Clinical Field Coordinator and BA ED Program Assistant
Job no: 521465
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
School of Education
Salary commensurate with experience and grade/range
General Summary of Position:
The Clinical Field Coordinator and BA ED Program Assistant position provides professional level support to secure and manage field placements and establish school partnerships for the School of Education. The position also provides administrative/clerical and routine advising support to the BA ED program.
Essential Job Duties:
- Work collegially with other members of the School of Education staff to support operations between the hours of 8:30 AM and 5:00 PM.
- Initiate and maintain contact with students, faculty, staff and external partners.
- Provide administrative support to the BA ED program coordinator(s).
- Serve as the first point of contact for general, program level student advising and admissions queries.
- Monitor and communicate student concerns/suggestions to program coordinators.
- Maintain program literature and student records and databases.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including fielding general calls that come into the School of Education.
- Secure and monitor all practicum and preservice placements for graduate and undergraduate teacher education candidates.
- Arrange field experiences related to preservice and practicum placements for candidates
- Establish and maintain database to track all placements
- Address issues/concerns related to field experiences
- Visit schools to identify possible mentors and establish open lines of communication with building administrators
- Review and ensure mentor teacher qualifications per state regulations
- Prepare correspondence for students, administrators and mentor teachers regarding field placement expectations, schedules, and evaluation criteria
- Coordinate the CORI application and fingerprinting process with preservice teachers and districts
- Provide support and perform other duties as assigned by BA ED or other licensure program coordinators
- Work with licensure program coordinator(s) to annually update all handbooks associated with field experiences
- Distribute handbooks for field experiences to supervising practitioners and principals at partner sites
- Provide coordinators and faculty data to:
- analyze field experiences as they relate to diversity
- determine appropriate location requests
- provide continual updates on placements
- Refer students to their academic advisor when appropriate
- Update contact lists annually
- Assist in developing memoranda of understandings (MOUs) with school partners
- Maintain and monitor BA ED student academic records.
- Prepare BA ED student data for review by program coordinator(s).
- Support the work of the program coordinators by preparing correspondences and recruitment, registration, surveys, and licensure materials, booking rooms, scheduling meetings and filing
- Work with educator licensure officer on Massachusetts licensure documentation as well as accreditation documentation
- Participate in recruitment and admissions events
- Support academic retention/advisement
- Provide routine academic advisement to students via email, phone, walk-in or appointment.
- Direct students to other UML services and program coordinators as necessary.
- Manage academic petitions.
- Maintain web page.
Other Job Duties:
- Assist in survey data collection and processing.
- Train and supervise student employees.
This position may work a Monday-Friday schedule, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, with one hour for lunch. It may also require attendance at Open Houses, Forums, Orientations on evenings, Saturdays, or Sundays – several times a year.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 years of experience working in higher education or related experience
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office (including TEAMS, Excel, Google Suites)
- Ability to work well with diverse groups
- Prior experience with clinical field placement
- Prior experience in K-12 school settings
- Familiarity with state educator preparation licensure requirements
- Knowledge of SIS, Summit and Perceptive Content, UML Analytics, SIS, Salesforce,
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
This is an SEIU 888 Professional Union position, Grade P16.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend