General Summary of Position:
The University Relations Multimedia Producer is responsible for supporting the implementation of the University of Massachusetts Lowell’s strategic plan, focusing primarily across digital and social media platforms, using animation, graphic design, video, audio, still images, etc. The resulting content should strengthen and advance the UML brand and reputation as well as augment recruitment and enrollment efforts.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Content and Creative, and in concert with University Relations Creative Director, graphic designers and staff writers, the MP will be assigned to generate content on a near-daily basis involving the Chancellor, Advancement and Admissions activities and exciting projects underway at the various colleges, among others. This position requires a highly creative, deadline-oriented individual with proven experience producing successful rich content while working collaboratively with a team.
As a member of URelations, the MP will join other UR team members in supporting vice chancellor’s specific efforts help shape programs and initiatives related to student recruitment, community relations, Diversity Equity Inclusion & Belonging efforts, donor and alumni relations, and the university’s elevation to Research 1 classification.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor's degree in new media, multimedia, communications or related field
- At least 5 years of experience in multimedia production; print and digital
- Demonstrated experience in graphic design and proficiency in design software such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Familiarity with producing wav, .mp3, .mp4, .mpg, .wmv, .mov and .avi files
- Proficiency in website design, knowledge of basic HTML & CSS
- Experience with content management systems for management of websites and e-communications
- Fluency with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Threads, LinkedIn, YouTube, TikTok, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A passion for great storytelling, digital innovation and new technologies
- Successful track record of leading projects with many deliverables and timelines that depend upon multiple collaborators;
- A work style that maintains collegial relationships without sacrificing the integrity or quality of the final product
- Experience handling shifting priorities and deadlines
- Experience in higher education communications
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Experience with digital advertising campaigns
- Photography skills and experience
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
This is an SEIU 888 Professional Union position, Grade P17.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Please include a resume, cover letter and social media handles or portfolios with your application. Please upload social media handles or portfolios into one file when attaching. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.