Job no: 518735
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
Salary commensurate with experience and grade/range
General Summary of Position:
The Nurse Practitioner provides accessible, culturally appropriate, evidence based, confidential, high quality health care to students for the diverse student body at the University of Massachusetts Lowell, facilitating their personal and academic success. UMass Lowell is a nationally recognized research institution, offering a robust first generation support program, recognized as a Veteran friendly campus, and offers Division I athletics.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
• Adult or Family Nurse Practitioner with a minimum of a Master’s Degree required
• Current certification by a nationally recognized credentialing agency
• Current RN/CNP registration with the Massachusetts Board of Nursing
• Current Massachusetts Controlled Substance Registration and DEA Registration
• Minimum 1 year, 3-5 years preferred, as a Nurse Practitioner in Internal Medicine, Primary Care or Urgent Care
• College Health experience preferred
- Excellent clinical knowledge and judgement
- Ability to function independently, strategically plan and handle multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously
- Demonstrated skill and proficiency in performing health care assessments and developing appropriate treatment plans
- Experience with electronic health records
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work and communicate with a diverse population and with other health care professionals
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
This is an SEIU 888 Professional Union position, Grade P19.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend