Research Scientist (Ph.D.) in Natural Language Processing and Data Science
Job no: 518681
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
Salary commensurate with experience and grant
General Summary of Position:
We are seeking a highly motivated research scientist in Natural Language Processing and Data Science to work with a team of MS, PhD students, staff, epidemiologists, biostatisticians, informaticians and computer scientists (https://bio-nlp.org/). The successful candidate will work on cutting-edge research projects related to natural language processing and data science, including but not limited to machine learning, deep learning, text mining, and knowledge representation, and to work on large longitudinal electronic health records.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- PhD in Computer Science, Data Science, Natural Language Processing, or a related field
- Strong research background in natural language processing and data science, with a focus on machine learning, deep learning, text mining, and knowledge representation
- Experience in developing and implementing algorithms for text analysis, classification, and information extraction
- Record of publications in top-tier conferences and journals
- Excellent programming skills in Python or another relevant language
- Performs other job duties as assigned
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only current UML Employees within the Grants & Contracts (MTA/GRACE) bargaining unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
This is a Grants & Contracts (MTA/GRACE) bargaining unit position, Grade P16.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled; however, the posting may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
This position is contingent upon funding. The initial appointment will be for approximately one-year with a possibility of renewal based on productivity, successful performance and the availability of funding.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend