Research Project Director II
Job no: 515764
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
$73,000 - $95,000, based on experience and grant funding
General Summary of Position:
Under the general direction of the Principal Investigator or designee, the Project Director II manages the day-to-day operations of short term and multi-year research projects. The Project Director II is responsible for the implementation of research projects from inception to completion and manages and coordinates these activities.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Masters’ degree in the Life Sciences, Public Health/Education, or related health care field; or equivalent
- 5 years’ experience in developing, implementing, and evaluating research programs, project management, grant submission, supervision of staff, and fiscal responsibility
- Experience working in and/or with academic institutions and federal grant programs strongly preferred
- Familiarity with the policies and procedures of funding agencies
- Excellent writing, editing, communications, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to travel to off-site locations
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse faculty
- Proven administrative and management ability in complex environments
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only current UML Employees within the Grants & Contracts (MTA/GRACE) bargaining unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
This is a Grants & Contracts (MTA/GRACE) bargaining unit position, Grade P19.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
This position is contingent upon funding and the appointment is for one year.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
Posting updated 11/4/2022.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend