General Summary of Position:
The part-time career advisor is an integral member of the career services team and the broader Career & Co-op Center. The following are essential elements of the role:
- Advise students and alumni on a wide range of career issues, including, but not limited to major selection, career assessment, job search coaching, experiential education opportunities, graduate school planning, and career decision-making;
- Develop and facilitate career development workshops and programs; and
- Engage campus partners to support the career development of our students.
In carrying out the responsibilities above, the career advisor will utilize Handshake, Salesforce, and ScheduleOnce. The career advisor needs to develop familiarity with our website content and online tools that are available for student and alumni use, including, but not limited to: Candid Career, GoinGlobal, FOCUS 2, UML Connect, and LinkedIn.
The career advisor will support department administration and marketing/outreach initiatives. In addition, the career advisor is expected to participate in staffing our annual career fairs and this may necessitate working outside the usual office hours. Opportunities may exist for involvement with division-wide and university initiatives and events.
Reports to: Director, Career Services
* The position will average 18 to 24 hours per week during the fall and spring semesters. While not required, the career advisor, in consultation with the director, can create an annual schedule that includes work between semesters and over the summer.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Master’s degree in related field
- 3+ years career advising experience
- Experience in a college or university career center
- Experience working with students and alumni
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
This is a part-time, non-benefited, non-unit position.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information for three professional references will be requested at the time of application.