General Summary of Position:
The Head Coach of Men’s Lacrosse organizes, conducts and supervises all aspects of a Division I Men’s Lacrosse team within the parameters designated by the university, the America East Conference and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Essential Job Duties:
1. Oversee all aspects of the student athlete development and performance of the men’s intercollegiate lacrosse program to include:
• Organizing, recruitment/evaluation of student-athletes
• Conducting and supervising practices and player conditioning
• Scouting of future opponents
• Preparing for and implementing game strategies
• Providing appropriate leadership, direction and supervision relevant to the academic progress and personal development of student-athletes within men’s lacrosse program
• Creating a positive and productive environment for the student-athletes
2. Oversee administrative functions within the men’s intercollegiate lacrosse program:
• Participating in conference and NCAA meetings
• Adhering to all conference and NCAA rules/requirements relevant to the conduct of the intercollegiate lacrosse program
• Preparing information relevant to budgeting, equipment needs, and program concerns
3. Provide supervision and direction to the staff of the men’s intercollegiate lacrosse program by:
• Assigning responsibilities to assistant coaches
• Supervising all aspects of work performance of assistant coaches
4. Participate in promotional and public relations to advance athletic programs by:
• Providing assistance with departmental fund-raising.
• Representing the Department of Athletics at designated University, departmental and community functions.
• Serving in public relations capacities as needed.
• Encouraging staff and student-athletes to participate in community outreach activities.
Promote the University’s commitment to customer service by:
• Build effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
• Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information.
• Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
Other Job Duties:
1. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Occasional overnight travel.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- 5 to 7 years successful experience in lacrosse coaching, recruiting and administration in a college or university setting
- Proven ability to provide mentoring and leadership to student-athletes and a commitment to student-athlete welfare
- Commitment to ensure compliance with all NCAA and University rules and regulations
- Master’s degree preferred
- Effective communication, interpersonal and public relations skills
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
This is a Non-Unit, Professional position.
A job offer for this position is contingent upon a satisfactory response to a background and Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check and review.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.