General Summary of Position:
The Associate Athletic Trainer will assist the Assistant AD – Sports Medicine and Performance in directing, supervising and administering all athletic health care operations for the intercollegiate athletics program. Assumes primary responsibility for the student-athlete health care educational program and supervision of part-time athletic training staff.
Essential Job duties:
- Responsible to assist the Assistant AD – Sports Medicine and Performance in the following areas:
- Budget preparation and management
- Supervision of all athletic training facilities
- Ordering of equipment and supplies
- Implementing injury prevention, immediate care and rehabilitation programs.
- Liaison to team physician(s) and other outside medical providers.
- Management and coordination of physicians/ambulance services
- Oversee injury records maintenance software. Work with service provider as issues arise.
2. Provide team coverage as assigned.
3. Oversee concussion management software and equipment
4. Solicit, schedule and supervise Master’s athletic training staff. Coordinate staff scheduling to ensure office and training room coverage. Assist with supervision of Assistant Athletic Trainers.
5. As a member of the Student-Athlete Development team, develop and implement a student-athlete health educational program to disseminate information on alcohol and other drug use and abuse, performance enhancing stimulants, and eating disorders.
6. Manages content of Athletic Training website in conjunction with Athletic Communications staff
7. Assist with medical documentation on ARMS software. Develops Student-Athlete medical forms, communicates with software provider on form development and management.
Promote the University’s commitment to customer service by:
• Build effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
• Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information.
• Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
OTHER JOB DUTIES:
1. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Nights and weekends are required.
Overnight travel is required.
Attendance at campus events is expected.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Master’s degree required Athletic Training, Physical Education, Exercise Science/Exercise Physiology, Health Education or closely related field
- 2-3 years successful experience in athletic training, at the Division I level as an assistant or head athletics trainer
- Current CPR for Professional Rescuer/BLS, Standard First Aid and National Athletic Trainers Association/BOC (ATC) certification
- Licensed in Massachusetts, or license-eligible
- Effective communication, interpersonal and public relations skills
- Proven ability to work with college students, and a commitment to the overall student-athlete experience
- Experience working effectively in diverse environments
- Working knowledge and application of NCAA rules and regulations
- Familiarity with injury tracking systems
Special Instructions to Applicants:
A job offer for this position is contingent upon a satisfactory response to a background and Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check and review.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.