General Summary of Position:
This position in the Division of Graduate, Online and Professional Studies provides graduate advising, enrollment, and reenrollment support to students in the BMEBT program. This position also provides administrative and programmatic support for the BMEBT Graduate Coordinators.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Admissions & Matriculation
The Enrollment Advisor will provide support to newly admitted BMEBT students (doctoral & masters) including advising master’s students regarding semester course enrollments. The Advisor will assist doctoral students to connect with the appropriate assoc. dean or graduate coordinator, in order to facilitate identification of a doctoral advisor. Assist in preparing RA/TA offer letters and tracking them, and assists in preparing advanced standing letters. Collaborate with the Graduate Admissions and Registrar’s Office when necessary.
2. Enrollment & Retention
In collaboration with the Director of Graduate Student Services, and BMEBT Director/ Graduate Coordinator, the Enrollment Advisor will assist in the re-enrollment and retention of students matriculated into the BMEBT each semester. This includes monitoring graduate student retention and providing regular reports on graduate student enrollment trends. The advisor will track and report progress towards retention and enrollment targets throughout the year, will aid in identify areas of concern, and assist with the development and implementation of plans to address enrollment concerns. Assists in scheduling courses; BMBT.5000 (Intro BMEBT) and BMBT.5200 (Bioethics). Assist with counselling various populations, including domestic and international students, by phone, in person, electronically, and through social media.
The Enrollment Advisor will serve as the administrative advisor for masters level students, and will facilitate the distribution and completion of appropriate forms and processes required to advance as a masters or doctoral student in the program. Responsible for completing student and degree audits, and assisting the BMEBT Coordinators with degree clearance; as well as monitoring student academic records and will assist with monitoring academic standing. Communicate any errors or deficiencies on SIS or advising reports.
4. Other Administrative Responsibilities
- Schedule regular meetings of the BMEBT Graduate Coordinators
- Participation in student recruitment, orientation, training and special events
- Provides Web page content updates to IT
Promote the University’s commitment to customer service by:
- Build effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the university by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
- Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information.
- Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
Other Job Duties:
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Position involves working around campus and across campuses: Participate in conferences/workshops held on campus and other locations. May require occasional evening or weekend participation in events.
Impact of Actions:
- Attention to curriculum and transcript details is critical to the success of our students.
- Advising responsibilities impact the educational success of our students.
- The person in this position will generate reports on a regular basis and need to be aware of variations in applicant data.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Master’s Degree plus 1-3 years’ experience in academic administration working across academic departments, directly with students and faculty
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to use a CRM to improve advising and student services from both a student and faculty/coordinator perspective.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with little direct supervision
- Promotes the University’s commitment to customer service by responding to client requests generally email and/or phone in a timely manner and by building effective partnerships with co-workers by freely sharing appropriate information as well as providing assistance when needed.
- SIS/Peoplesoft, Salesforce skills highly desirable.
- Degree in or familiarity with engineering/biomedical engineering/biomedical technology a plus
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a part-time, temporary, non-unit, non-benefited position
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until positions are filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications have been received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.