General Summary of Position:
The Head Coach of Men’s Soccer organizes, conducts and supervises all aspects of the Men’s Soccer team within the parameters designated by the university, applicable conferences and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Oversee all aspects of the student athlete development and performance of the men’s intercollegiate soccer program:
•Organizing, recruitment/evaluation of student-athletes
•Conducting and supervising practices and player conditioning
•Scouting of future opponents
•Preparing for and implementing game strategies
•Providing appropriate leadership, direction and supervision relevant to the academic progress and personal development of student-athletes within men’s soccer program
•Creating a positive and productive environment for the student-athletes.
2. Oversee administrative functions within the men’s intercollegiate soccer program:
•Participating in conference and NCAA meetings
•Adhering to all conference and NCAA rules/requirements relevant to the conduct of the intercollegiate soccer program
•Preparing information relevant to budgeting, equipment needs, and program concerns
3. Provide supervision and direction to the staff of the men’s intercollegiate soccer program by:
•Assigning responsibilities to assistant coaches
•Supervising all aspects of work performance of assistant coaches
4 .Participate in promotional and public relations to advance athletic programs by:
•Providing assistance with departmental fund-raising.
•Representing the Department of Athletics at designated University, departmental and community functions.
•Serving in public relations capacities as needed.
•Encouraging staff and student-athletes to participate in community outreach activities.
Promote the University’s commitment to customer service by:
•Build effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
•Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information.
•Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
Other Job Duties: Performs other related duties as assigned.
Working Conditions: Willingness to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- 5 to 7 years successful experience in soccer coaching, recruiting and administration in a college or university setting
- Proven ability to provide mentoring and leadership to student-athletes and a commitment to student-athlete welfare
- Commitment to ensure compliance with all NCAA and University rules and regulations
- Familiarity with the Northeast Region preferred
- Preferred experience coaching and recruiting in Massachusetts
- Effective communication, interpersonal and public relations skills
Special Instructions to Applicants:
A job offer for this position is contingent upon a satisfactory response to a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) and background check and review.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.