General Summary of Position:
Reporting to the Associate Director of Planning & Facilities Information Systems (FIS), this position will support the three groups within Facilities Management: Planning, Design, and Construction; Operations and Services; and Business Operations. The Facilities Information Records Manager (FIRM) will maintain, consistently improve, and promote the department’s Sharepoint-based document management platform, including records management, archiving, indexing, and cataloguing of all project and non-project Facilities records in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and policies. The FIRM will continue and advance the department’s use of Sharepoint and its document management system with a focus on utility, consistency, ease of retrieval, and integration with existing tools and work processes. The FIRM will also provide strategic insights and hands-on troubleshooting for the department’s existing tools, including but not limited to ESRI GIS, space management through Autodesk, Microsoft Office 365, Power Apps, and e-builder.
The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of the design and construction process and related document management and archiving issues. The candidate will also proactively collaborate with department staff, including campus planners, operations and capital project management staff, as well as working to include additional administrative departments at the university and consultant teams. The work of the Facilities Information Records Manager will vary widely and include improving document management systems within Facilities Management; working with capital project teams to ensure delivery of as-builts; updating archival information; training department staff in document management; and supervising student interns.
UMass Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree in Library Sciences, Archival Science, Information Technology, Informatics, Architecture, Engineering, and Construction Management or related field and 3-5 years of experience, associate’s degree in one of these fields and 5-7 years of experience
- Overall computer literacy and computer skills including facility with Microsoft Office 365and working knowledge of Autodesk AutoCAD and Sharepoint Online
- Strong understanding of the construction process and archiving issues surrounding construction activities, the built environment, and physical conditions on campus
- Knowledge of applicable public records management laws and regulations
- Demonstrated familiarity and ability with spreadsheets, pdfs, and drawing viewers
- Working knowledge of digital archival procedures/standards
- Strong writing, oral and detail-oriented organizational skills
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse group of customers and coworkers
- Proven ability to work and learn independently with skills in researching problems to find solutions
- Proven experience for interacting with and providing assistance to department employees and administrative staff in person, over the phone and through email
- Master's in Library Sciences, Archival Science, Information Technology, or Informatics preferred
- Extensive experience with Autodesk AutoCAD and/or Sharepoint Online
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Revit
- Experience with OCR, GIS, and work-order management software, including ESRI products, SQL Server databases, and/or Tririga
- Experience with large format and desktop scanning equipment and printing/plotting equipment
- Experience with construction project management related to sites, buildings, building equipment and/or space
- Knowledge of and experience with the college/university cultures/communities and the processes of such institutions
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
This is a SEIU 888 Professional Union position, Grade P18.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.