General Summary of Position:
This position will be procuring goods, services, and supplies, equipment and supporting the systems biology research group in support of Laboratory Operations.
Responsibilities of the position include learning the following: evaluating and analyzing bid responses; making award decisions in cooperation with the PI; executing purchase orders and contracts for goods and services, communicating with UPST/ buyways, using a procurement credit card, monthly statement check of procard status, processing any on-progress invoices, reimbursements, monitoring contracts to ensure performance compliance; and seeking remedies for noncompliance when necessary.
The successful candidate should have a willingness to learn purchasing processes and business practices, as well as the skills to develop specifications and negotiate pricing, terms and conditions.
The successful individual also will possess strong analytic, reasoning, and interpreting skills and be computer proficient. The position holder must be innovative, professional, organized, and detail-oriented. Above-average written and verbal communication skills to communicate and negotiate tactfully with a diverse group of laboratory personnel and suppliers regarding goods and services, Federal and State regulations, policies, processes, orders, and procedures will be necessary in order to be successful in the position.
The individual will possess the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team and problem-solve effectively.
- Responsible for ordering, receiving, storage and distribution of all reagents, supplies, consumables, equipment, parts, paper, forms, and any other inventory item(s) related to the operation of the Laboratory.
- Acts as a resource person to the laboratory staff regarding procurement of supplies
- Maintains adequate stocks of inventory preventing wastage of inventory, reagent or product due to shelf storage expiration.
- Maintains an efficient system of inventory control as to ensure proper levels of supplies in the laboratory available for distribution.
- Evaluates and reports to the Director all vendors communicating areas of concern.
- Communicates routinely with the Director and staff (UPST / buyways) the current status of all orders.
- Check monthly statement of the Procard (Citibank)
- Keep track of capital assets equipment
- Report and update NIMBL project cost share
Minimum Qualifications (Required)
- Degree in a business or commodity-related field
- Experience acquiring, bidding, or sourcing goods and services
- Experience negotiating pricing, terms, and conditions
- Computer experience such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience working in an area directly related to sourcing or procurement
- Experience reading and understanding contractual terms and conditions
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled; however, the posting may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
This is a part-time, temporary, non-benefited position.
Please include a resume with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process. Submission of a cover letter is optional.