General Summary of Position:
The Centers for Learning is seeking is seeking a part-time UMLSAMP Coordinator.
The Urban Massachusetts Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (UMLSAMP) is designed to create an integrated community of science, culture and learning for underrepresented students majoring in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fields at the alliance institutions.
UMLSAMP is funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF) and led by the University of Massachusetts Boston.
1. Assist in the aggressive recruitment and marketing campaign aimed at encouraging underrepresented students to pursue STEM degrees; create marketing materials and work with Registrar’s and Admissions’ office to identify potential participants.
2. Develop and implement programs and activities aimed at increasing the number of underrepresented students interested in and prepared for success in STEM degree programs
3. Serve as the Primary contact for operational issues and communication of policies as authorized by the Governance Board.
4. Recruit and place UMass Lowell students in experimental laboratory environments with participating UMass Lowell faculty.
5. Serve as an advisor/advocate to UMLSAMP students, meeting on a monthly basis for mentoring, academic progress reporting and activity reporting.
6. Participate in UMLSAMP evaluation, including facilitating the collection of project evaluation data and thee implementation of surveys of site students, faculty and staff.
7. Collect and maintain data on UMLSAMP student progress and support other institutional data requests for NSF, with support and involvement of UML Institutional Research department.
8. Collaborate with UMLSAMP institutions and faculty to create Speaker Series program
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years of work experience in academic environment
- Experience providing academic support services to students in higher education
- Knowledge of current best practice in academic support environment preferred
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a temporary, part-time, non-benefited, non-unit position.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applicants are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.