Coordinator - Intramural Sports and Summer Programs
Job no: 508605
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
Salary, $49,000 - $52,000, commensurate with experience
General Summary of Position:
Coordinate intramural sports and summer programs and manage the evening programs of the Campus Recreation Center.
1. Provide direction and administrative oversight for all intramural sports and summer programs including the development of a youth summer activities program
2. Recruit, hire, train, evaluate and schedule intramural staff (including supervisors, scorekeepers, and officials)
3. Administer the campus recreation risk management plan throughout all programs and responsibilities, including responsibility for purchasing and maintenance of all intramural and summer camp equipment.
4. Manage the evening programs and services of the Campus Recreation Center and related facilities during designated hours
5. Provide support for marketing and advertising efforts of all programs
6. Serve as a liaison between participants and department
7. Provide input regarding policy review, rule revisions and training manuals.
8. Serves as the departmental liaison with the Office of Student Activities and other designated University Life Offices as assigned by the Director of Campus Recreation.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in exercise science, physical education, recreation, sports administration/management or a closely related area.
- Previous experience in a college/university intramural program.
- Previous experience in intramural sports training and risk management protocols.
- Nationally Recognized Certification in CPR, First Aid, and AED
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
This is an SEIU 888 Professional Union position, Grade P15.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend