General Summary of Position:
The Associate Director of Residential Education for Recruitment and Development (ADRD) is a senior member of both the Residence Life central office staff and of the Residential Education leadership team. Utilizing the tenants of equity and inclusion to guide their daily work, the ADRD assists the Director of Residential Education (DRE) in supporting the implementation of an inclusive, dynamic, and comprehensive residential community that houses approximately 5,000 students.
Primary areas of responsibility for the ADRD include the direct supervision of professional Area Coordinators and Resident Directors. The ADRD is also responsible for the indirect supervision of graduate fellow and student staff in their assigned residential supervision area. In consultation with the DRE, the ADRD is charged with leading the overall development and execution of an inclusive, comprehensive recruitment and development plan for professional, graduate and student staff positions. The ADRD is the Residential Education leadership team member responsible for directing the department’s staff recruitment and development committee(s).
The ADRD is charged with management and coordination of Residence Life’s student conduct process and outreach for students of concern (STARs) cases. The ADRD will serve as a member of the university’s STARs committee in conjunction with the DRE. The ADRD will also represent Residence Life at meetings and initiatives with campus partners involving in student behavior, students of concern, and mental health.
Additionally, the ADAP has a primary functional responsibility for building and maintaining collegial partnerships with the Office of Student Conduct, Dean of Students, the Counseling Center, UMLPD, and Human Resources. Through their commitment to equity and inclusion, the ADAP will work to create a welcoming space for students and staff within our residential community.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Direct supervision of a professional Coordinator, Area Coordinators and/or Resident Directors and indirect oversight of assigned residence hall communities. Indirect supervision of graduate fellow and student staff.
- Lead the overall development and execution of an inclusive, comprehensive inclusive, comprehensive recruitment and development plan for professional, graduate and student staff positions.
- Lead overall department efforts round student conduct and students of concern.
- Provide direction and leadership for the residential education team in the absence of the Director of Residential Education.
- Serve in an emergency on call duty rotation for residential students.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- A masters degree in higher education, college student personnel or a related field is required
- A minimum of 5 years of increasing experience and responsibilities in Residence Life, including housing, judicial, administration, staff selection and staff training
- Three to four years in a middle management residence life position supervising full time professional staff
- Experience with the development and implementation of residential training program for student staff
- Experience with the development and implementation of selection process for student staff
- Proven ability to address student needs and establish a positive rapport with students, student groups, faculty/staff, and parents while demonstrating openness and integrity
- Competency with various software included in MS Office or MS Office 365
- Experience with the development and implantation of residential training program for professional staff
- Experience with the development and implantation of selection process for professional staff
- Competency with using MS Teams, SharePoint creation and management, StarRez, and Maxient
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
This is an SEIU 888 Professional Union position, Grade P17.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.