General Summary of Position:
The Financial Aid Office at the University of Massachusetts Lowell seeks an experienced federal aid manager to serve as the Senior Assistant Director – Federal Programs & Literacy.
The Senior Assistant Director – Federal Programs & Literacy is responsible for the management of all federal title IV grant programs; including PELL Grant, SEOG, TEACH programs. Ensures timely and accurate certification and origination, disbursement, and reconciliation of all Title IV funds in compliance with federal regulations and program guidelines.
This position is responsible for managing all aspects of federal, state, and institutional R2T4 requirements in accordance with federal and state regulations, including policy and procedure development and serves as the office expert and primary resource for all R2T4 related items.
Provides support to staff of The Solution Center with the troubleshooting and resolution of student issues related to financial aid. Advises and counsels students and families on financial aid programs, policies and procedures, student eligibility, special circumstances, and financial planning.
As Financial Literacy and Outreach coordinator, prepares and presents information to students related to financial education.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- An earned bachelor’s degree is required
- Thorough knowledge of federal financial aid regulations
- Professional experience in an automated financial aid office required
- Proficient with MS Office and Publications
- Five to seven years of higher education financial aid experience required
- Knowledge of Massachusetts state aid programs preferred
- Functional expertise with PeopleSoft Student Administration System
- Functional expertise with web content applications
- Excellent interpersonal and public communications skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment
- Flexibility to work evening and weekend hours as needed
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
This is a SEIU 888 Professional Union position, Grade P17.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.