Graduation and Academic Progression Specialist
Job no: 507358
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
Office of the Registrar
Salary commensurate with experience and grade/range
General Summary of Position:
The Office of the Registrar is the official keeper of academic records and is committed to the highest level of service. The Office of the Registrar is also responsible for registration services, scheduling, academic progression, graduation, administrative operations and reporting. As a primary information resource for students and faculty this office actively seeks ways to effectively communicate and to inform students of their rights, responsibilities and academic procedures in an effort to support students’ success.
In collaboration with the Associate Registrar for Academic Progression, the position will work with academic departments and Graduate Student Services to support the academic progression o students and timely degree completion. This position will be a member of the academic progression team which focuses on building efficiencies and utilizing technology to support the development of the advising report and graduation tracking.
In addition, the position will be responsible for working with academic departments to monitor students' progress in in certificate programs to support timely completion and to aid in compliance with Financial Aid Regulations related to students in certificate programs.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Minimum of an Associate Degree and a minimum of 1 year of higher education experience
In lieu of a degree will consider HS Diploma or GED/equivalent and a minimum of 3-5 years related experience in higher education, academic policies, Academic Advising Report, graduation clearance, and transfer credit.
- Experience with PeopleSoft/SIS or other student information systems, OBIEE reporting, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Document Imaging software
- Comparable Higher Education Experience
- Ability to respond to difficult situations diplomatically
- Ability to multitask and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of (FERPA) Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
- Ability to perform all related Office of the Registrar tasks
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Must be able to communicate with faculty, staff and students in a highly effective and professional way
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- SIS experience preferred
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Occasional work evenings/weekends may be required.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
This is an SEIU 888 Professional Union position, Grade P14.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
Posting updated 3/25/2021
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend