Postdoctoral Research Associate - Electrical & Computer Engineering
Job no: 505053
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
Electrical & Computer Eng
Salary commensurate with experience and grant
General Summary of Position:
The successful applicant will conduct analytical and experimental research in the areas of network security, data privacy, cyber security and medical data processing with an emphasis on blockchain based prototype design and data analytics, and help immediate supervisor in writing scholarly articles and proposals.
The initial appointment will be for 1 year with a possibility of renewal based on productivity and performance and the availability of funding.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Conduct analytical and experimental research under the supervision of the Principal Investigator (PI). This specifically involves:
- Conducting the required data-collection and analysis for projects
- Ensuring all project-related activities are conducted on time and to the highest standard
- Prepare project reports and deliverables in collaboration with and under the direction of the PI
- Serve as a liaison between PI and collaborating research partners
- Ensuring all deliverables are on time and to the highest standard
2. Assist supervisor in writing scholarly articles and proposals for grant funding.
- The successful candidate will initiate and assist in the formulation and writing of externally funded research proposals. This effort will include finding appropriate opportunities, finding collaborative partners, generating preliminary data, and proposal writing.
- The successful candidate will be expected to publish at least 3 articles per year in peer-reviewed scientific journals and/or peer-reviewed highly rank conferences based on the research conducted as first author, along with participation in other papers in a secondary roll. Papers and presentations in scientific conferences will also be required.
3. Attend Meetings related to the research projects.
- Conduct weekly group meeting between PI, postdocs and students
4. Supervision of Graduate Students:
- Meet weekly with students to review their research projects, progress, papers and to develop path forward
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or closely related field
- Doctoral degree obtained from an accredited university in the field of study
- Computer networking, operating systems, computer system and multicore architecture, machine learning, data analytics, programming language and compilers, software defined networking
- Should demonstrate a minimum of 3 publications in the field
- Familiarity of Linux and cloud computing platforms and open source software development
- Familiarity with blockchain and other new cyber security technologies
- Familiarity of programming languages such as C, C++, Python, Java, Matlab, and LaTeX tools
- Ability to work independently, with limited direction, as well as within a team environment
- Ability to mentor and inspire younger students with limited research experience
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only current UML Employees within the Grants & Contracts (MTA/GRACE) bargaining unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled; however, the posting may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
This position is contingent upon funding. The initial appointment will be for 1 year with a possibility of renewal based on productivity and performance and the availability of funding.
Please include a CV, cover letter and research interest with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend