General Summary of Position:
*** Multiple Positions*** The open positions will include one weekend day as part of the regular workweek or 2nd Shift. Dependent on University operational needs, the positions to be filled are first shift, 5:00 AM to 1:30 PM, Sunday through Thursday or first shift, 5:00 AM to 1:30 PM, Tuesday through Saturday, or 2nd shift, 1:30 p.m. - 10:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
Incumbents of this position perform janitorial, custodial, housekeeping, maintenance and some grounds keeping tasks at the University. The basic purpose of this work is to perform various manual tasks required for the routine maintenance of the buildings and grounds of an educational campus.
Reporting in the Housekeeping Department, incumbents Clean campus property such as offices, classrooms, corridors, walls, floors, windows, furniture, woodwork, toilets, lavatories or fixtures by washing, waxing, buffing, scrubbing, sweeping, polishing, dusting, or vacuum cleaning, assisting in erecting and dismantling wall partitions; moving furniture and equipment; empty and cleans waste barrels, collect and remove rubbish garbage cans and other waste receptacles. Pressure washing, sweeping, collecting and removing rubbish; and opening clogged catch basins, sewer lines. May be required to unclog drain or toilets as needed.
Makes general repairs of a simple nature, including minor repairs to equipment using small hand and hand-held power tools. Based on assignment, may operate motor vehicle including light vehicles and trucks, snow and ice control equipment, and motorized cleaning equipment.
Sweeps sidewalks, rakes and collects leaves, collects and hauls debris or rubbish, shovels snow, sands roadways or walkways; performs other manual tasks involved with snow removal, control and disposal.
Loads and unloads trucks; unpacks and stores supplies and equipment in stockrooms, storerooms or warehouses and takes periodic inventories of supplies and equipment
Locks or unlocks premises; reports hazardous and unusual situations to the appropriate authority; and ensure the general cleanliness of the facility grounds.
Promote the University's commitment to customer service by:
Build effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information.
Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of diverse backgrounds.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Applicants must have at least six months of full-time, or equivalent part-time, experience in performing janitorial or custodial care of similar commercial or institutional buildings
- Knowledge of the methods followed in building custodial and maintenance work
- Knowledge of the standard procedures followed in the storage of building custodial and cleaning materials
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Knowledge of the types and uses of materials, tools and equipment used in building maintenance work
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures followed in building maintenance and custodial work
- Knowledge of the types and uses of small hand tools used in building maintenance such as pliers, hammers, wrenches, etc
- Knowledge of the methods and techniques used for the security of buildings and property
- Skill in the use of small hand tools used in building maintenance such as pliers, hammers, wrenches, etc.
Please include a resume with your application. Names and contact information for three professional references will be requested at the time of application. Submission of a cover letter is optional.