Assistant Director - State Programs
Job no: 504219
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
Salary commensurate with experience and grade/range
General Summary of Position:
The Assistant Director is responsible for the management of all Massachusetts State financial aid programs; including MassGrant, GEAR Up, Foster/Adopted Child Tuition Credit, Fee Grant, and Fee Waiver, MA High Demand, and Early Childhood Educators.
This position works to ensure timely and accurate certification, disbursement, and reconciliation of state funds with the Massachusetts Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA) via their MassAid portal, in compliance with federal and state guidelines. In addition, this position administers various state grant programs offered by other states.
This position provides support to the staff of The Solution Center with the troubleshooting and resolution of student issues related to financial aid. Advises and counsels students and families on financial aid programs, policies and procedures, student eligibility, special circumstances, and financial planning.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
• Bachelors degree is required
• Thorough knowledge of federal financial aid regulations
• Professional experience in an automated financial aid office required
• Ability to work with diverse population
• Five years of higher education financial aid experience required
• Demonstrated experience with regulatory compliance
• Strong organizational skills and flexibility to adjust to changing priorities
• Functional experience with an integrated Student Information Systems required; expertise with PeopleSoft Student Administration System preferred
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a cover letter and resume with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend