Job no: 504107
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
Tsongas Industrial History Ctr
$17.50 to $19.00/hour, based on experience
General Summary of Position:
This position is located at the Tsongas Industrial History Center, Boott Mills, Lowell National Historical Park. The Receptionist position is a full-time, benefited, temporary position, from date of hire until August 28, 2020 (contingent upon funding and successful performance/position may be extended based on these contingencies.)
The primary purpose of the Receptionist position is to respond to phone calls and public inquiries, and make reservations for park tours and programs, including Tsongas Industrial History Center education programs.
Position responsibilities include:
1. Responding to Inquiries and Providing Information:
- Responds to phone calls and public inquiries, providing up-to-date and relevant information about TIHC and LNHP programs and services through the Park’s main telephone number.
- Serves as dispatcher for the Park’s radio system and may be responsible for calling for emergency assistance when necessary.
- Assists in the preparation and distribution of confirmation packages with reservation details and pre-visit instructions.
- Contacts organized groups who typically book to remind them to make reservations; contacts new or underserved schools and groups to encourage new reservations.
2. Processing Reservations:
- Processes routine reservations, organizes and creates special visitation itineraries for school groups, educators, and other visitor inquiries through a central reservations system.
- Handles invoicing and daily “call sheet” scheduling reports.
- Accepts and processes payments from teachers. Reinforces LNHP-UML partnership through close collaboration with UML professors when creating tailored itineraries.
3. Support Services:
- Assists with special-event coordination, room/equipment preparations.
- Assists with maintenance of central office and administrative filing system.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- HS diploma or GED/equivalent
- Customer service experience (especially via telephone)
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Knowledge of Lowell and Lowell National Historical Park/National Park Service
- Knowledge and experience working with database software and Microsoft Office
- Proven experience working effectively with diverse individuals
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse constituents including but not limited to callers (general public, teachers, administrators), visitors coming to the Reservations office, and colleagues (LNHP and UML/TIHC)
- Ability to provide consistently excellent customer service that is courteous and accurate
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal UML Employees within the Grants & Contracts (MTA/GRACE) bargaining unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
This position is initially until August 28, 2020 contingent upon funding and successful performance. This position may be extended based on these contingencies.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend