Temporary Hire: Head Coach - Cheerleading Club
Job no: 515414
Work type: Staff Part Time
Categories: Seasonal - Athletics
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
Head Coach - Cheerleading Club - Athletics Department
Temporary, Part-Time, Non-Benefited Position
The Cheer Head Coach is responsible for attending all scheduled practices and all home football and basketball games, as well as outside events. Practices are a minimum of 2 hours 3 times a week. The incumbent will be expected to attend men's and women's basketball and football games and any non-athletic department performances and events as negotiated with their supervisor.
- Squad choreography
- Establish goals
- Facilitate regular meetings with Squad Captains to provide feedback (at least once a month)
- Facilitate regular Squad meetings in order to share information with each other and provide feedback to the group
- Run practices including warm-up, drills, and cool-down
- Generate gameday cheers, routines, and sideline material
- Comfortable spotting medium/high-level tumbling
- Demonstrated knowledge and background in cheerleading.
- Previous coaching experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and organizational/planning abilities
- Collegiate or Allstar coaching experience
- Headsup concussion training
- First Aid Certified
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
Effective September 27, 2021, UMass Dartmouth requires that all members of the campus community are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Additionally, all members of the campus community must obtain a Covid-19 booster shot and provide proof when requested. Individuals who are not yet eligible to receive a booster shot must obtain one within 30 days from the date they become eligible.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend