Assistant or Associate Professor in Pharmaceutical Sciences
Job no: 496152
Position type: Faculty Full Time
Campus: UMass Lowell
Biomed & Nutritional Sciences
Salary commensurate with experience
General Summary of Position:
The Department of Biomedical and Nutritional Sciences at the University of Massachusetts Lowell is committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff, and students and seeks a full time tenure track faculty member with expertise and research interests in pharmaceutical sciences. The candidate will be appointed at the Assistant or Associate Professor level, depending upon qualifications.
The Department of Biomedical and Nutritional Sciences is located within the Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences at UMass Lowell. The Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences is a dynamic, growing college that prepares professionals and scientists in a wide range of health science fields including applied, clinical, and translational areas. A large research program, vibrant community partnerships, and engagement opportunities enrich and support our educational programs within the college.
This candidate will help advance the only pharmaceutical sciences program in a public university in Massachusetts. The candidate will have a pivotal leadership role in developing and strengthening the programmatic areas of program. A high potential and/or successful track record of securing extramural funding is critical for the candidate. The candidate will be responsible for developing new partnerships with the biopharmaceutical companies and life sciences industry. Working with multidisciplinary researchers within the department and the university and a desire to work with teams is essential for the candidate. Areas of research interests can include any general area of pharmaceutical sciences, including but not limited to pharmacokinetics, nanomedicine, small molecule or biologic drug delivery.
We seek applicants who have the potential or have been recognized for teaching excellence, scholarly productivity, ability to work with diverse populations, and who have excellent oral and written communication skills in English. The candidate will be requested to teach undergraduate and/or graduate courses in general pharmaceutical sciences related to their area of expertise. The individual will also be engaged in service to the department, college or university as required.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal and encourage you to apply and to identify your strengths in these areas.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- A PhD in pharmaceutical sciences or other related life sciences field
- Assistant professors are required to have post-doctoral experience
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Record of consistent research and publication
- Evidence of an independent research program and extramural funding
- Teaching and/or mentoring experience in pharmaceutical sciences
- Associate professor candidates must have a strong record of research with current active extramural research support, preferably federal
- Experience in fostering interdisciplinary research initiatives
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will on November 15, 2018 and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Application Materials Required:
- Cover letter (Please state which level for which you are applying)
- Curriculum vitae
- Writing sample - Please include 2-3 samples of published work in peer-reviewed journals in the area of funding/funding potential, preferably as first author.
- Research statement - Please include research goals, objectives and 3-year research plan.
- Teaching philosophy and experience - Please include 1) teaching philosophy and style and 2) description of previous teaching experience.
- Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend