General Summary of Position:
The Athletic Multimedia Assistant provides assistance to the Associate Athletic Director of Communications and the Assistant Director of New Media as needed. The Athletic Multimedia Assistant also assists with administrative functions within the Athletic Communications office performing various tasks as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Assist the Associate Athletics Director for Communications and Assistant Director of New Media with all
multimedia services related to the athletics communications operation for the University’s 17 Division I sports:
• Assists with creation of digital content on the official website GoRiverHawks.com – including video streaming, postgame
highlights, profiles/feature videos and interviews.
• Maintains and fosters relationships with campus contingent and aggressively promotes University.
• Assists with updating the official Athletics Twitter, Facebook and other social media accounts.
• Travels with teams as necessary to provide athletic video support for department.
2. Assist with oversight of administrative functions within the Athletics Communications office:
• Assist with the supervision and training of the student video staff (approximately 8-12 students)
• Help develop best practices plan for ESPN and AmericaEast.tv, working to develop branding standards for videos.
3. Promote the University’s commitment to customer service by:
• Building effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate
information and providing assistance when needed.
• Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and
• Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
OTHER JOB DUTIES:
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Frequent evenings and weekend work. Occasional travel required.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, sport management or a related field
- 1-2 years’ experience within a collegiate communications/sports information/multimedia setting
• Expertise of Video Editing Software such as Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere
• Familiarity with Photoshop and After Effects
• Effective customer service, communication, interpersonal and public relations skills
• Knowledge of popular social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram)
• Working familiarity with sports in context of higher education environment
• Experience working effectively in diverse environments
Special Instructions to Applicants:
• A job offer for this position is contingent upon a satisfactory response to a Criminal Offender Record Information
(CORI) check and review.
This is a part-time, non-unit, non-benefited position.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applicants are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.